11/11/2010

Whole New field ! Resin Jewellery !

It seems that my "crafty" side of personality has blossomed this year! I started making resin jewellery is because my hubby bought me the kit with everything, e.g. mold, resin, glitter etc.

I didn't touch the kit for 6 months! And several months ago, since the Mindil Market has finished, I guess it's time to start & learn something new! :)

I thought it's quite hard to learn and get everything right at the beginning (that's why I put it away for 6 months , I think! ). But after I really started, I found that it's pretty easy actually, it's just time consuming :P

My first Resin Jewellery are these earrings & rings that has shells embedded. I picked up those lovely & unique shells myself at a place called sandbar. My husband and I go out sailing sometimes. We like to go "sandbar" in the middle of ocean & pick up special shells. But sandbar is not a place that people can just go visit anytime. It depends on the tides. If we visited there during high tide, then we won't see anything, because sandbar will be totally under water! So, those shells are precious~

And then I made this: 7 wonders in the world bracelet.


This one has been improved, because those small jump rings failed to support the chunky beads, so I use fishing line to redo all my chunky bead bracelet now.

Then I have some other different nice pictures embedeed, like: capital cities bracelet. This one is with some topic matching charms dangling. I also have made chunky beads style, and they're selling at Mette's shop at the moment.


And this is Washi (Japanese are paper) bracelet:

And bottle cap bracelet! I love it! I especially love to wear it while I'm driving & listening to the tinkling~ makes me feel calm & peaceful :P

Here's the other one, Washi paper bottle cap bracelet:



Alright! That's almost all my resin jewellery at the moment! (I'm trying to embed colourful candy into resin, so hopefully I'll have something exciting comes up soon :P ) oh! I need to spray
several layers of clear arcylic paint on the candies before embed, otherwise it'd be a tragedy...but now my concern is how to spray sprinkles without get messy...

Now, here's something I wanna say, as a stallholder who's selling self made craft in the market. To me, because I love creating & making things, no matter it's felted or resin. So, I just sell each item in a pretty low price.

But sometimes I really hope that people would understand that unlike other handmade jewellery which is made by mass produced beads, I need to make my own "beads" from scratch, e.g.find nice photos, trim the photos piece by piece to fit the mold, and the most time consuming procedure is sanding...though I have a Dremel, in order to achieve a really fine finishing touch, I still use wet/dry sandpaper to sand my "beads" one by one as my final procedure...

So, if there are 6 resin beads in 1 bracelet, basically it takes 3-4 hours to just do the sanding part for 1 bracelet~

But, as I said, I love making things, especially jewellery :) so I don't count all the hours I spent. If I counted all the hours I spent, I'm afraid that I'll have to mark the price like $70 each, and they'll stay in my stall like ..forever :P

I don't mind keeping all of them as my collections :P but it'd be better to share good things to other people :) I really like to see people's smile when they say they like those things I make~ which gives me a sense of satisfaction :)

If you'd like to know more about my resin jewellery, you could leave a message here or come to my stall which is opposite Happy Garden Takeaway at Parap market on Saturday from 8am-2pm or visit Mette's shop : Shop 1, No 3 Parap Place, Parap NT Australia. T: (08) 8981 8054


OK! Got to go! There's a whole jar of sprinkles waiting for me to spray~


25/11: I've got more bottle cap bracelet here~


bottle cap bracelet 瓶蓋手鍊

Orders are welcome! Non customised bottle cap necklace $10 each and botte cap bracelet $20 each.

Here comes the best part : you can email me your precious family/pet photo & I'll make necklace or bracelet for you! So you can have this on-of-a-kind jewellery:) Isn't that fantastic?

Customised bottle cap necklace is $10 each & bottle cap bracelet is $25 each. Postage : anywhere within Australia is $5. Accept bank deposit & PAYPAL~

For more inforation, please leave a message below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment